Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

I want to know how much to pay a babysitter/nanny to watch

I want to know how much to pay a babysitter/nanny to watch from 1 to 6 kids at a time with varying ages. Do I pay per hour or pay per kid? My babysitter/nanny is 52 and is good with kids.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,
After doing some research, I found that the fees vary according to part of the country. However, the range was $10 - $20 per hour for up to 2-3 children and then, add on $2 - $5 per child. The coasts seemed to have the higher prices.

There is also the option of a flat fee for the day ($75-$125). The higher fees are offered when the duties of the babysitter include cooking, driving the children places and other added responsibilities.

I found this information by googling "babysitter fees" and researching several sites.
Expert:  Bonnie replied 5 years ago.

This site is especially helpful...