proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My sons (13) alarm goes off at 5AM unintentionally. My wife

My sons (13) alarm goes off at 5AM unintentionally. My wife yells at him from clear across the
house as if the house were on fire wakeing her husband and 6 year old daughter. This is not a one off deal. If wife has a problem we are all to suffer. It is obviously inconsiderate
but could it be deeper? How can it be treated?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello my friend. Is your wife having any family /relationship , medical, financial, or professional/job related issues that you are aware of? How is the relationship between your wife and 13 year old son?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm trying hard not to have family problems, but she left the family ranch 6 months ago

and I've recently caught up with family on another property we own. Medical Im guessing as her twin sister doesn't seem to have the same mean spiritedness in her.

Financial yes she just started a new job and Im up in the air though we aren't hurting either. This mean spiritedness and inconsideration predates...almost to the birth

of my son 13 years ago. It just seems to have increased intensity.

The pressures of a new job and performing well up to certain expectations may be causing a tremendous amount of stress. She may be depressed as well and takes it out on other family members. Do you think that you could suggest counseling to her so that she can learn some coping and intervention strategies so that the entire family does not have to suffer? I am not in the medical field, but she may even have some sort of chemical imbalance that can be curtailed with medication.

You can approach your wife in a loving manner and let her know that you are very concerned about her outbursts and the effect that they have on the entire family. Explain to her that it is not healthy to be so upset all of the time. It will start to take a toll on her physical and emotional well being. Suggest that she possibly go to counseling and that you will go with her. She may be very resistant at first that you have even brought up the idea. Let her know that all you would like is to have a peaceful home and that she needs to help in being a good role model for the children.