proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Can you tell me how the parenting classes or facilitators view

Can you tell me how the parenting classes or facilitators view filthy, nasty talk by parents?

Parenting class facilitators do not view vulgar language used by the parents in a positive manner. The reason is because children are like sponges and will imitate many actions as they are observational learners. If parents are using vulgar language in the home, then it will come as no surprise when the children use the language as well. Other family members can remind the vulgar language using parents that they are not setting a good example for their children. As a parent, one would certainly not want his/her child to go to school and curse out the teacher when he/she was dissatisfied with something.

Hope this helps. If you need more advice, please feel free to ask!!!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

As a follow up - would you recommend that a grandparent provide to the Parenting Facilitators, a parent's facebook site to prove the type of language that is being used?

This parents 5 little girls have been placed with us while the mother completes parenting and other counseling classes, and we have worked very hard to stop the extreme cursing the children did when they first came to us. could use the Facebook site as an example as long as the parent of the Facebook site allows it. If not, you can just verbally explain what was on the site to illustrate the cursing.

Have a great day. Thanks!!!

You are so very welcome. I hope everything works out as well. Please feel free to request Expert4U in your question if you need more assistance for another Parenting matter.