Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

my 11 year old son always complains and back answers when he

Customer Question

my 11 year old son always complains and back answers when he is asked to do anything he doesnt want to do.He also shouts a lot around the house for no reason.How do I deal with this behaviour
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
How long has your son acted this way toward you? How is his behavior at school? What are his friends like?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he was adopted at 6 and has had little respect for me for a long time I feel i am too easy on him and i dont like conflict. He has some problems with behaviour in school but that has improved
I am curious as to when he shouts around the house, is he shouting words or just making noises? If you have been too easy on him, did you let him basically do anything he desired since adopting him? Now are you trying to regain control of his actions? Are there any other children in the home? Are 2 parents involved in the parenting role? I am trying to get a clearer picture of the situation in order to assist you.