Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I have an 11 year old boy named Kyle. I take care of him 2

Customer Question

I have an 11 year old boy named Kyle. I take care of him 2 nights a week. I give him lots of attention and treat him with love. I've been talking to him about manners since he was old enough to talk. I ALWAYS have to remind him to say please and thank you and for some reason, after probably 9 of his 11 years of constant reminders, he still seems to forget. I feel like I try so hard as a parent to lead by example and I'm not sure why he has such a tough time remembering. I don't honestly believe he forgets on purpose. He does seem like he might have ADD (his teacher has mentioned the possibility).

Is there a different approach to parenting him in this regard instead of just reminding him and getting so frustrated and angry when he doesn't remember?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
Who takes care of Kyle the other days? Are you his mother? Why does the teacher think he as ADD?