proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I would like to know what would be the most appropriate thing

Customer Question

I would like to know what would be the most appropriate thing to do, if my 4 years old daughter iS feeling left out by her two friends, because this two friends are seeing each other very frequently after school, and my daughter no. before they use to be very good friends the 3 of them but now i don't know if should encourage more play dates with the other girls even though their mothers are no very into it, o should i JUST FORGET ABOUT MY EGO AND KEEP ASKING THIS MOTHER TO HAVE PLAY DATES WITH MY DAUGHTER, OR SHOUld i TAKE THE INITIATIVE AND INVITE HER OTHER GIRLS
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

If the young girls and the mothers are not interested in maintaining a relationship with you and your daughter, then move on. Your daughter is young and has many more years to create new friendships. If you keep asking for playdates, it will seem as though you are desparate for a relationship with them. Try to associate with other mothers and their children. Friends come and go. This can become a great learning experience for your daughter as well.

If you need further assistance, please inquire. ACCEPT so that I can be compensated for my efforts.

Edited by Erica.13 on 12/17/2010 at 12:56 AM EST