Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

I am going through a divorce and am going through some chanllenges

Customer Question

I am going through a divorce and am going through some chanllenges with my soon to be ex and our kids. Even though our custody order clearly state we are on to talk negatively about one another either directly to our kids or even when they are around but he is constantly doing this. The kids ( who are 5) keep telling me about it and I am trying to stay as positive and reassuring as I can, but this is clearly upsetting them and I am not sure what to do for them. If I go to court it is hard to prove that he is doing this and I am reluctant to mention anything to him directly as I am worried how he will treat them in response. Any suggestions would help.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried counseling or even thought about it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have considered counseling for the boys and I. I don't think it is realistic to get him involved at this point (I tired that route with our marriage for years and it didn't work). My frustration is how to go about trying to find the right fit for us. It kind of feels like it could be a long line of hit and miss attempts. Any suggestions on what kind of counselor to look for and what possible questions to consider or ask while looking for the right one for us?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.