proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I just walked in on my 17 year old daughter having sex with

I just walked in on my 17 year old daughter having sex with her boyfriend. What do I do?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Were you aware that your daughter was sexually active? Were they engaged in the act thinking that you were not coming home? Now is the time to have an open and honest discussion with your daughter. Your first reaction will probably be to yell at your daughter. However, tell her how you specifically feel about the sitaution. Let her state her side of the story as well. Make sure that the conversation ends with her clearly understanding the house rules and the actions that will be taken if the rules are not followed. You will need to discuss her being sexually active and having a boy in her room as well. Your daughter was probably more embarrassed than anything.