proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Should I be worried about my 16 year old son who for 2 days

Should I be worried about my 16 year old son who for 2 days has been very down
& a tiny bit teary & doesn't want to talk to us about it?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

As a parent, you should be worried if the behavior continues. His overall personality may change, his grades may become affected, his physical health may become affected, he may isolate himself more, his social relationships and selection of friends may change, or he may begin to engage in negative behavior like drugs and alcohol. These are signs that there is a deep issue involved. You must attempt to keep the lines of communication open between you and your son. It is true that boys do not like to discuss issues as easily as girls. However, you must continue to pay close attention to all of his actions. If the behavior continues, you may want to see if there has been any changes in school by asking his teachers and then give his pediatrician a call for further assistance.

I hope that this has helped. If so, please ACCEPT so that I may be paid for my efforts. Thank you.