Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

When my baby was four months old I decided to have salmon and

When my baby was four months old I decided to have salmon and basa for lunch on a salad. This contuined for one month until I thought about mercure levels in the fish. I have since stopped all fish.
Can high levels of mercure level be passes through the breast milk?? If so what can I do about this?

(Bub is 5 months now)
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 5 years ago.

This is the official website of the food and drug administration in the US. As you can see, the level of mercury is Salmon is low and at ND levels (not detectable).

Even if you ate a high mercury fish, by the time the food is digested in mother's stomach, into blood stream, and into breast milk it is pretty diluted.

So enjoy your Salmon.