Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Me and my husband got married a year and a half ago. His daughter

Customer Question

Me and my husband got married a year and a half ago. His daughter had just turned 18. She was planning to go to Portland Maine to college she got a partial scholarship. She also had an older boyfriend who she has had since she was 14. He doesn't work or hold a job and has some mental health issues. They kept telling my husband they were going to leave in July the year we married. I finally asked them a month before our marriage if they had a place and the money to go. Her boyfriend says no she has not acquired the money. They expected dad to totally pay for the both of them to go to Maine and support them. We told his daughter we would pay for her to go live in a dorm and attend college. She refused to leave her boyfriend. She moved in with us the agreement was she would get a job and save for a year to then attend college so she could take her boyfriend with her. She go a job and lived with us and blew every penny stuff was coming in the mail everyday. Her room was so full of crap I don't even know how she slept in it. We gave her over a year and then I said it was time she started paying rent. She never left or attempted to enter any college. She paid one months rent and announced she was moving out. This was all fine, but then the reality set in of how bitter she really is about me and her dad getting married. She had full control of dad, she spent 75 percent of his money to the point he didn't even pay bills as he was spending it on her. She ran the house before our marriage dad had set no boundaries the only thing she was asked was get good grades in school and he would give her all she wanted. Now she will not even talk to him she has no contact at all. It is breaking his heart. Should he initiate contact or stand strong and wait for her to contact him. My husband really is a very good man but his heart is so big he tends to give in too easy to people. Thanks for any input.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator