proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Hello, I have turned out to be the mother inlaw from hell even

Hello, I have turned out to be the mother inlaw from hell even though I went through it myself with my husbands Mother. I have upset my daughter and her Husband so many times, I just turn into this monster I hate. Now they don't want to see me and Im not allowed to see the grand kids ever again, what can I do ?
What upsets your daughter the most? What makes you think you are such a bad mother in law?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I Pick on and bad mouth her Defacto Husband to her all the time, I carnt find anything good about him. he has just turned 21 she is 24 and they are about to have there 2nd child

I think that you should let your daughter realize on her own what a mistake she has made with her selection of a husband. She has to live with that choice. I bet your daughter feels like she is raising 3 children...with the 3rd "child" being her husband. 21 is so young!!!!

Just keep your distance for a while and see how things turn out. I am sure that your daughter will realize that you need to be in her life and the life of your grandchildren. She is still young and it is hard to imagine that she is already that independent to dismiss you from her life. When she is ready to talk to you, she will. You cannot change your daughter. She is going to do whatever she pleases. You can only change yourself. Just stay positive that all will work out for the good. The road ahead may be bumpy, but as I said...for now...just lay low.

If this has helped, please ACCEPT so that I may be paid for my efforts. If you need additional assistance, please let me know as well.

You are so very welcome. Anytime, request Erica.13 in your question and I will assist you.