proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

i cant seem to find anything constructive to do at weekends

Customer Question

i cant seem to find anything constructive to do at weekends with my 14yr old son. all he wants to do is play computer games..... do you have any ideas?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

With all of these new and exciting games available, it is hard for your son not to desire to spend the weekend playing computer games. But as the parent, you must limit the computer game time.

Does your son like sports? Get him involved on a travel team.

Do you belong to a church? Get him involved in teen age activities or weekend volunteering.

Does your son like to buy things with his own money? Have him wash cars and mow lawns of relatives and/or neighbors and charge a small fee.

Does your son have a desire to learn outside of his regular school setting? Enroll him in a wide range of classes geared to his age or grade at your local community/junior college.

Think about what interests your son may have beyond computer games. How can those features be developed?

If you need more ideas, please tell me more about your son and I will be glad to assist you. Otherwise, I hope that this has helped. Please ACCEPT so that I may be paid for my efforts. Have a great evening.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
the problem i have is the expert is based in the US and her ideas are sound and good but based inside the US lifstyal...... in england we dont have church activities and after school groups... these ideas are good if you live there but usless in this country. I sorry
I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you for the feedback.