Bonnie
Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

I am writing about my 14 yr. old grandaught that is encoulragable.

Customer Question

I am writing about my 14 yr. old grandaught that is encoulragable. She disregard authority from everyone. She has been brought home by the police at 2 am. after being picked up after curfew walking down the sidwalk with her girl friend. She crawled under the fence at the complex pool area to retreive a tennis ball, police talked with her. ISS-disregards XXXXX XXXXX out. OOS suspension and disregards XXXXX XXXXX which time she was arrested for shop lifting from Spensers. Last night she threatened to commit suicide and put a needle to her throat, her mother and older sister stopped it. Totally disrespects authority from anyone. Has been piercing & tatooing other kids. Spent $900 dollars out of her mothers account through pay pal without her mother knowing it until checking her checking account when there was not enought money to pay something. Please advise me as a grandparent how to handle this with the mother & the child. The mother is a hair dresser and has to work to pay the bills. The father pays child support but grand daught begs not to go to his house, or my house as she knows she will obey or else. I play no games with this kind of behavior. She refuses to take her medicine even though her mother puts it out for her to take every morning and it is still on the tabvle at night, she doesn't take it. She says it makes her too calm and she doesn't like it!!!!!! HELP ME TO PUT MY DAUGHTER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. THANK YOU
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 3 years ago.
Many counties have program for troubled teens whereby they receive home therapy and crisis intervention available on a 24 hour notice. If you tell me your City, County and State I will try to find one for you.

She needs a high level of mental health treatment, if not inpatient, then at least day treatment. I will try to find this for you too. What is her medication for?
Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience: and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We just found out she is with 17 & 18 year old boys, and has tried estacy and God only knows what else. She is suppose to be on aderal for ADHD but will never take it due to the way it makes her feel. Calms her down though. Chesapeake VA 23322. I wish I could send more but on fixed income and don't have it. I was so thankful to find this web site and someone that could give us help as mother is just getting by with her job and I have no extra. Thanks for anything you can do for us. Is there anything we should report to the police for an update of things we have found out? God Bless all of you that are there for those who need you.

JEM