Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

my 16 year old daughter is envolved with an 18 year old who

my 16 year old daughter is envolved with an 18 year old who is interfering with her school work and causing her quite private school and come home. the obcession is affecting our whole life what can I do about it
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 years ago.
Time to stop talking and start putting into action some severe consequences for her actions. If she will not be responsible for her studies then she will not be allowed to talk or see her boyfriend. That is the botXXXXX XXXXXne. School comes first. When she brings the grades up then she gets to talk to her boyfriend. If the boyfriend is harassing her and the family then call the police. Revoke all privileges until the grades come up. You need to set these standards for her since she is not being responsible. Let her know that once she meets these standards then she can have more freedom.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can the police really do any thing and if so what are the consequences?
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 years ago.
You can file for a no contact order if he is harassing the family and absolutely will not stay away. If he breaks the no contact order then he can go to jail. That would be the consequences for him. the consequences for her would be that she is basically not allowed out of the house and absolutely no contact with him if her grades do not improve.