proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Hi, I need some advice. I have a 13 year old daughter and

Hi, I need some advice. I have a 13 year old daughter and will be having unmarried (dating 6 months) house guests (in their mid-30's) for a 4 day weekend. I have 2 couches that can create a king bed or 2 twins. The guest room is across the hall from my daughter's room. Should I have the beds in 2 twins and tell them that as long as the beds are apart when they open the door in the morning - all is ok? or make a king and explain to my daughter that they are adults and adults make different choices then teens? My husband and I are split on this. Any advice would be welcome! Genie
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
Well...maybe the door to the bedroom where the guests will be staying should remain closed during their entire visit. If they are planning on being intimate, they will find a way no matter if the beds are apart or together. I do not think that anything needs to be explained to your daughter. I am not sure how your husband feels, but if the door is to remain open, keep the beds apart. Wink