Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

my son is playing with the cats private parts what should i

Customer Question

my son is playing with the cats private parts what should i do
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
How old is he?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he is 10 yrs old an he is exploring touching her an i dont know how many more times he has done this
Expert:  Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
Is he a slow learner?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well he is ten yrs old an he is adhd an the is exploring an i want to know what to do bonnie his namw is matthew if u want to talk faster u can call me XXX-XXX-XXXX not good at typing thank you if not ill wait for u to respond he seems a little despressed sometimes an i dont know what else u want to know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
bonnie i jst want to know b for he gets worse
Expert:  Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
This is an opportunity to tell Matthew a few things about private parts (both animals and his own).

Tell him those are the cats private parts are where he pees just like him. These are private and not to be touched in animals or people. Then, tell him to never let anyone touch his private parts. Then, say no more just answer questions, if he has any.

If he says that someone already has touched his private parts or asked him to touch theirs (a friend, for instance), then get an appointment with a child therapist as soon as possible.

Sorry we are not allowed to contact customers by phone and your phone number gets blocked out.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your response we will talk to Matthew and keep an eye out for any of this continued behavior. I will keep in touch and he was seeing one but it has not provided the help that Matthew needs. Matthew is ADHD and lies wets the bed sometimes will occasionally poop his pants and has had a problem with stealing. He gets in trouble at school alot for talking out of turn and talking back and not following directions. His Mother is out of his life and as his father I need ways in which I can help him to open up so that he can be helped.