Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
1470369

I take care of my nephew from 6am till sometimes after 7 or

Customer Question

I take care of my nephew from 6am till sometimes after 7 or 8 he is 3years old HIs behaivor is out of control it is at times infintile. He only eats two or three iteams which I know is normal but he is very disagreable when you give him something he says no he doesnt want, when your trying to play he gets very possesive. When something is not going his way he definatly lets you know when you put him in time out he continues to be disrispectful. His paernts are seperated and he has one weekend with mom one ith dad and the rest of the time is mainley spent with our family.His mother(my sister inlaw) still gives him sippie cups because it calms him down and pretty much gives him what he want just so she doesnt have to hear it. Now heres my Question as his fulltime paid provider how do i change his behavior? or can I. I do small steps but I feel like there being erased the minute he walks out the door. I love him hes family and i want to se him do better any advice.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.

Hi..I am willing to assist you. How did you become his full time care provider? I suppose that he does not attend pre school? Does he have any siblings?