proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My 17 year old son got expelled today. They are going to put

Customer Question

My 17 year old son got expelled today. They are going to put him in some sort of independant study/continuation school. I don't know if I should let him go there or send him to a private military school. He doesn't seem to have any idea of how his agressivness effects others and he is a bully and disrespectful. What is the "right" answer??
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.

As an educator for 19 years, I must tell you that there is no "right" answer. The choice is ultimately yours to make. However, with the recent increase of bullies in schools and your son being one of them, it seems as though the strictness of military school is what he needs. He needs an extremely structured learning environment in which his previous behavior will not be tolerated at all. His behavior now may lead to much more negative and maybe even criminal behavior down the line..which you would definitely not want. Personally as well as professionally, I would suggest the military route. He needs to learn an enormous lesson here!!!

If this has helped, please ACCEPT. Have a great evening!!!

Edited by Erica.13 on 10/29/2010 at 3:00 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
A second opinion is needed here. This is serious and not to be taXXXXX XXXXXghtly.