proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Hello, My 15 year old daugther has been lying to me about

Customer Question

My 15 year old daugther has been lying to me about her whereabouts and I just found out that she has been having sex without even having a boyfriend and now has an std. I am beside myself. I am a single parent. What kind of reason is she doing this for? What kind of therapist should she see, what should they specialize in? What should I do as a parent? I want to take away some priveleges, but I don't know for how long, or how to make her earn my trust again. I am a 45 year old female, if that makes a difference.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.

First of her, have your daughter see her pediatrician who will privately address the medical issues of her sexual activity. Then for the relationship between you and your daughter, you may want to see a family therapist or a psychologist who would be a neutral source to help build back the trust issues between you and your daughter. The family therapist or psychologist could also meet with you separately to teach you some coping and intervention strategies in dealing with a teen age daughter as a single parent. The time is now to act before your daughter continues her unapproved actions. Until then, you may want to take away things like her phone, computer, time with friends, etc. However, this may upset her greatly and cause her to rebel even more. I would seek professional assistance as soon as possible. If you have health insurance, call the customer service representatives and they can steer you in the right direction.

I hope that this has helped. Please ACCEPT. Have a great day!!!!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry, I asked for more specific answers based on my questions. I wanted to talk to an actual psychologist online or someone with a professional degree in that specialty. I cannot accept this answer, it is too general.
Another expert will thus assist you . Have a great day.