proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

How do I deal with my teenager that I suspect is having sex

How do I deal with my teenager that I suspect is having sex and her outstanding way of lying
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
What was her response when you asked her? How old is she?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She said no despite that I showed her a package of First Choice pill that I found under her bed, she said that she was helping out a friend but she used to lie a lot... she is 17 yrs old

Unfortunately, your daughter is going to find a way to have sex no matter what your feelings are. You can simply continue to tell her that it is best to wait until a serious relationship..like marriage...and that many boys just "use" girls for sex. Also, you can try the scared straight approach and show of pictures of diseases that are prevalent amongst sexually active teens. This may change her attitude but she is at an age where she thinks she knows everything!!!! But Mom always knows BEST.

I hope that this has helped. Please ACCEPT.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She's pretty aware of every risk but I want to know what can I do for her to be honest with me once for all and to accept or not but knowing that at least this time she will be telling the thruth
Just ask her and tell her that you want to be open and honest with her. Tell her that you will not get angry. Tell her your true feelings and hopefully she will reciprocate. You must rebuild a trusting relationship. If absolutly necessary, counseling may help your daughter open up and strenthen your relationship with your daughter.