Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Well let me try to write a long story short. Im a parent

Customer Question

We'll let me try to write a long story short. I'm a parent of a 21 one year old daughter and an 18 year old son. My major concern has always been my daughter which has been always an A student on the contrary of my son but felt always some weakness as a person in her which never felt like this for my son. She's very athletic and is in her senior year of her BBA with plan to study medicine. My daughter always liked boys and I always saw this in her but always obsessive to be surrounded by her friends and needed by them. She’s the kind of person that likes to be the center of attention. (Where I believe we as parents have to do a lot with that, we believe that we spoiled her too much). (Two years ago) I found out that she had kind of a relationship with a last long girlfriend. We’ll when I found out I almost died. I thought I was going crazy. I looked for physiology help and basically been both in therapy for almost two years to learn and understand this situation especially for me that never saw this coming. The conclusions was that this was a one situation, that she liked boys. 3 months ago she assured me very convinced( which I always had my doubts because she never strongly assured me that she was straight) but this time she said "Mom, I'm really straight I like boys. Our differences lately are that she comes too late even in school weeks and this is why our discussions were basically about. Like a month ago I was suspicious about this other girl that she met, and finally found out that she had a thing for her too. Even the physcologist assured me that she wasn't gay not even that she was bi-sexual. She denies it, but I know something is going on with this girl, I have my ways to know which don’t want to get into this right now. I’m confused, I feel frustrated, I thought this was over. I never in my life saw this coming. Two month’s ago she was dating this boy and now again this situation arrived again on my life. Sometimes I will like to disappear and run away, This is even affecting my marriage. I cannot function. I feel completely lost. I assure that she has had more boy relationships then with girls and always thinks that she’s is trying to saved that person or girl for some problems that she’s having and think that the best way to do this is giving her the affection of love but like lover’s . I don’t know if this even makes any sense. I think I’m losing it.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
You are making complete sense. You have several issues going on here. What is the one issue that really bothers you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
English is not my first language, Are you saying that I'm not making compleate sense