Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Collaborative parent consultation on everything from modifying behavior to child development.

a four year old and eight year old. Mother left children with

a four year old and eight year old. Mother left children with father and lived with another man. Mother has been through at least eight relationships, some twice, and one marriage
in the four years since she left children's home. Also in between these relationships she has
moved back to her parents house(next to children) several times. During these four years and different relationship father has allowed children to go stay with mother some weekends, except for one house where he believed that there was drug use. At this point
father has decided that children do not need to meet anymore of mother's boyfriends or to go stay at their homes, since the relationships do not last. Is father correct believing this is bad on children?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.

Jennifer :

Hello and thanks for using! Children are amazingly resilient, but the relationship models the kids are seeing will certainly have an impact and all children benefit from consistency in their lives. Many parents agree upon a period of time in a new relationship before the kids meet a new boyfriend or girlfriend just to avoid the revolving door of adults. It can be difficult if the children get attached to the adults who are suddenly no longer in their lives. Perhaps their father can talk to their mother about setting an agreed upon time with the next boyfriend before he's introduced into their lives? In the meantime, they could certainly spend time with their mother when boyfriend isn't there.

Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
The chat mode tells me you've posted a reply, yet I don't see one... I've switched us to Q&A mode in hope that might resolve the issue. Did you have another question or more to add?