proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

my 14yr old boy who is usually really sensible and trustworthy

Customer Question

my 14yr old boy who is usually really sensible and trustworthy has suddenly changed after announcing he had a girlfriend of 15. He brought her home and took her straight to his room. I told him he must leave the door a jar or sit in the front room. He challanged me by saying they were not doing anything but when he was asleep i was really worried and concerned.
I wanted to know the truth so i read his mobile phone to discover texts from the girl 'i am naked moisterising on the bed' and 'do you want a blow job' (sorry for language) i also read a text he was going to get condoms. I am just climbing the walls with worry. i did go to the school to get advise and they said to be all friendly and condone it. I have a problem with that at the mo. I don't know what to do to be honest..hope you can help
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.

First of all, it is not appropriate for a teenager to have a member of the opposite sex in his/her room with the door closed. However, if your son wants to have sex, he is going to find a way to do it no matter what you do or say. I would not have told him that sex is fun but rather scare him and inform him about all of the sexually transmitted diseases that he can catch. Show him pictures to really add to the shock value. If that does not work, discuss the issues with his pediatrician and then have the pediatrician discuss the matters with him in private. He is too young to be sexually active. Unfortunately, many teenage girls are pressuring innocent teenage boys into activities that are for adults. Please keep a tight hold onto your son. He will thank you in the long run.

If this had helped, please ACCEPT. Have a great day!!!