How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Own Question

Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1673
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. Shirley Schaye is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know some minor details of my birth father

Customer Question

I would like to know some minor details of my birth father before I die. I have very scant details of him because my mother would never talk to me about him and she has gone to her grave with all of my answers. I was born in St.Alphedges Hospital,Woolwich,London on 6th March 1938. My mother was Rosina Harris and was not married to my birth father. We lived in Dagenham,Essex UK and There was a Court Maintenance order for my keep taken out soon after my birth. My birth father's name is/was Harold Merkin/Mirkin/Murkin and he was English. He was born c.1905-1910 but I have no further details of his age. He lived in Annerley Hill, Nr.Forest Hill, South East London and owned his own company "City Display" which did all the decorations at Olympia for the Ideal Home Exhibition amongst other great exhibitions. I have no details of his birthday or date of death or any further homes he may have moved to. I do not have very much information and my memory is failing now. The above is all that I was ever told, but I do know that until I became 16 years old, he was allowed to see me without contact once a year. Please help me, I am sitting here crying my eyes out.I suppose it would be only human to ask if he remembered me in his will? I am not expecting him to have done so.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. It would seem to me that you would need to explore court records. All the information that you have here use that to start a search and keep gathering information until you get more facts about him. The chances are that he is not alive anymore. He would be 100 years old - 105 years old. I would look up all records, including death records.

Customer :

Thank you for your prompt reply. This serching is exactly what I need. Unfortunately, I am disabled and cannot do it myself. Would you be prepared to do it on my behalf. I quite naturally expect to pay all expences and costs and disbursements (I used to be in legal work). I cannot tell you what it would mean to me after all these years. Thank you, jo

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I'll take a careful look at this when I get back online. I am leaving my country house now to return to the city. I did look already but have not found anything. I'll search again when I get back to the city.

Customer :

Thank you so much. jo

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I am still looking. Haven't found anything yet. I'll continue to look.

Related Parenting Questions