proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Question what effect does it have on a baby when the father

Customer Question

Question what effect does it have on a baby when the father has never been in the babies life,there is twins a boy and a girl they are now 14 months old and by choice there father has never seen them ,but now is thinking of seening them for the first time.Question two, if the babies had there father from birth what diffrences would it had made in their lives verses what has happen with him not seeing them.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 3 years ago.

The children are still so young so they will not have any negative affects of seeing their father for the first time after 14 months. They will be extremely joyful to have the attention given to them as long as the experience is pleasant and positive. It is not too late to begin and strengthen the bond between the dad and his children. If the children would have seen their father from birth, the parent child bond could have started much earlier. The dad has missed out on many important developmental stages but the children will not remember growing up without a dad in their first year of life. Most individuals earliest memories start around the ages of 2-3 years of age. Your children will be just fine.

If this has helped, please ACCEPT. Have a great day!!!

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Question,when there is so much pain involved in regard to the twins father not being there for the twins or their mother, for the twins sake how should we the family of the mother of the twins handel the interduction regarding the twins meeting their father for the first time, with regards XXXXX XXXXX family on the mothers side of the twins being so disapointed in the father in regards XXXXX XXXXX shameful behavior.There is talk about both familys getting togather Question how should we and myself go about this for the sake of my only child who is the mother of my only grandchildren.
The more people involved when the twins meet the dad for the first time, the easier it will be because you can all lean on each other for support. It will be uncomfortable but you will all have each other!!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It stated you needed more information could you please explaine .

No more information is needed!!! Have a good evening!!!