Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

Im finding it hard to potty train my 3 year old i have bought

Im finding it hard to potty train my 3 year old i have bought numerous pottys with flashing lights etc he is fine to go for a wee without pants but wets right through with tyraining pants etc. He is my third child but i am running out of ideas.
Is he different from his siblings in any other way?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

He is definately a mixture of the two.There is only two years between his brother and him and they are very different, he is more similar to my daughter who is 7 years older then him. My older son did catch onto toilet training straight away but my daughter and my youngest are very similar in looks and personality alot more quieter then my middle child not as outgoing as the middle child.

Thanks for the helpful information. It is possible, then, that this laid-back personality has something to do with his slower potty training. Try putting diapers back on and keep responses about toileting "low key" for a few more months. Of course, do put him on potty if he asks but have lower expectations for total training. Think about how it was for daughter and expect similar course of events. After a few months, if he has not done it on his own, try the reminders, praise and rewards again.

Good luck!!