Bonnie
Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
37122071

im having a horrible time with my 15.5 year old daughter.

i'm having a horrible time with my 15.5 year old daughter. most recently she stole my credit card and bought a phone and minutes. she's extremely rude to me and our family.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 6 years ago.
I wonder if you might benefit from an in-home therapist to work with your daughter. If you would mention your city I am willing to do research and see what is available in your city.

I have known parent to get police involved, charges pressed and then the legal system does the discipline. I know it sounds harsh but this behavior may get worse if not stopped.

The in-home therapy programs visit child at home weekly and does family sessions periodically. The teen does grow to like the program, even though they do not like it at first.