Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

My wife and I have been separated now for 9 months. She has

My wife and I have been separated now for 9 months. She has turned into an expert at parent alienation. She has displayed every textbook tactic to alienate the kids from me. We have two boys, 14 & 16.
What is the best approach that I can take to equalize the experiences that my kids should be having with me?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
I will be with you momentarily.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay. By the way, we have 50-50 custody and are in the throws of a contested divorce.
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Since you have 50-50 custody and in the throws of a contested divorce, I would consult with your lawyer to see if there is any way that he/she may be of help. As far as what she is doing about Parent Alienation, I don't think that there is much that you will be able to do to change her. Legal intervention may help.
There is an organization, of which I am a member. Here is their web site. You may be able to find some information on this site.

http:www.cspaas.org

Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience: PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy