proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

my son is skipping school and it seems like he doesnt care,

my son is skipping school and it seems like he doesn't care, he is in his final year at school. I took his car away for 2 weeks but he doesn't seem to care also he lying to me? what do I do?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
I can assist you momentarily.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sure Thanks.

The most important thing that you can do is to talk to your son and just LISTEN to show them respect. If they rant and rave, let them get it out of their system, and then use paraphrasing or "I feel" messages to show them you understand how they feel. To get more information, use open ended statements instead of closed ones requiring a yes or no answer. Follow this process of active listening to get your teen to open up. If they will not open up and respond to you, another option would be to seek professional help for you and/or your son from a psychologist, therapist, or counselor. There may be deep rooted problems that need to be addressed that your son is not willing to discuss with you. Whatever you decide, do not give up hope on your son. Let him know that you do not appreciate his misbehavior. Keep making sure that you continue with the consequences for misbehavior

I hope that I have helped. Please ACCEPT if so. Have a good evening!!!