proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I have been separated from my wife for over three years, and

I have been separated from my wife for over three years, and we have a 11 year old autistic son, we had a verbal arrangement last year that I would have my son on Boxing day & New Years Eve, and then this year I would have my son on Christmas Eve & Day and she would have him New Years Eve. She is now telling me that I’m not aloud to have him Christmas Eve or Christmas Day… Can you please give me some advice on what I can do to be able to have my son on this special day…..
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
Did your wife give you any explanation of why you can not have your son on those 2 days that were agreed upon? If you cannot see him on those days, then which days can you see him on? If issues keep arising regarding "visitation" days, then it may be necessary to seek the assistance of a family attorney and later go to court to get the visiting schedule written out in a court oder..especially if your wife is not amicable regarding the situation. You have obviously not given up any parental rights. You are still entitled to see your son.