How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been separated from my wife for over three years, and

Resolved Question:

I have been separated from my wife for over three years, and we have a 11 year old autistic son, we had a verbal arrangement last year that I would have my son on Boxing day & New Years Eve, and then this year I would have my son on Christmas Eve & Day and she would have him New Years Eve. She is now telling me that I’m not aloud to have him Christmas Eve or Christmas Day… Can you please give me some advice on what I can do to be able to have my son on this special day…..
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
Did your wife give you any explanation of why you can not have your son on those 2 days that were agreed upon? If you cannot see him on those days, then which days can you see him on? If issues keep arising regarding "visitation" days, then it may be necessary to seek the assistance of a family attorney and later go to court to get the visiting schedule written out in a court oder..especially if your wife is not amicable regarding the situation. You have obviously not given up any parental rights. You are still entitled to see your son.
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you