Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

I just announced the desire for separation from my wife. I

I just announced the desire for separation from my wife. I am obtaining an apartment in a nearby town that we will alternate stays in while the other stays with the kids in teh main house. There have been a few overlap days already and it is a bit awkward because she really wants me to work my way back but neither my heart nor mind are there. I really messed up (women) and she has been very good to me both in front of the kids and alone, but, the holding on and waiting for some thread of change is making me a bit uncomfortable. She always wants to talk or just looks at me. I am in a separate bedroom and the kids dont know yet (I travel all the time anyway so it probably seems the same to them).

Overlap days are the hardest, when we are in the house.

What the heck should I do to minimize her pain while minimizing the awkwardness and still being a good parent to my children? Thanks
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. You sound like a very thoughtful man. Unfortunately you are doing everything right except what she wants and that is going back to her. You couldn't be handling it any better than you are. Good for you, the way you are handling the situation.

Customer :

Customer :

She really deserves the credit actually, She could be throwing things at me for what I did.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

What do you mean?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

If you have nothing else to ask, please click ACCEPT and leave feedback.