Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

Bonnie, I am the Nana. I just wanted an honest answer. When

Bonnie, I am the Nana. I just wanted an honest answer. When he told me because you told me that, I didn't know what to do. I was very quiet for awhile and then I told him I did not know how I gave him that idea but that I was very sorry and that his mother will always love him. Did I respond to him in a good way? It has always worried me.
That was a perfect response. What he said to his mother "you won't love me when the new baby is born", is his biggest fear and it was the only way he knew how to address the issue with mom. I really don't think he understood the effect that bringing you into it would have.