proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

my ex husband (divorced in 2007)is very controlling and uses

Customer Question

my ex husband (divorced in 2007)is very controlling and uses our 8 and 11 year old as pawns to get back at me for divorcing. i want to know what i can do about he refusing to let me have contact with them when they are with him.we have joint phone callsare allowed.the upsets my kids so much as me.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
I will get back to you within the hour.

If you cannot solve the issues with your ex husband in an amicable manner, then you would need to seek the professional assistance of an attorney to have everything decided and spelled out specifically in court and recorded so there were no if's and but's. Dealing with an uncooperative ex-husband can be very stressful as well as acquiring an attorney, setting up a court date and so forth. But remember...this is for the children and the court will always put the best interests of the children first.