proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I am living with my bf with my 14 yrs daughter. My ex-husband

I am living with my bf with my 14 yrs daughter. My ex-husband is living outside of America. I am currently separating with my daughter's setp father. Can I add my bf as my daughter's legal guardian for her school years?

I will check on this and get back to you shortly.
Yes you can since he provides for her basic needs. Just do not list him as the dad. That would be another issue. Any more questions, just ask.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If he is her guardian, What right he will have? and What can I do if I don't agree with him about my daughter's education style?

Who are you referring to as the guardian..boyfriend or ex husband?

Your boyfriend has the right to supply basic needs. But not much else unless your ex husband goes to court and gives up his parental rights. If you and your ex husband do not agree about your daughter's education style and cannot solve the issue on your own, then an attorney would most like need to become involved.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What I referred was my bf, not my ex-husband. My ex is living out side out America and not paying costoday to me at all.

Guardianship does not sever the biological parent's rights and responsibilities and the guardian does not become the parent in the eyes of the law. Guardiansip simply means that the caregiver is responsible for the care and custody of the child if it has been established as legal guardianship.
Oh..the issue of not paying support must be taken up by a lawyer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Can my bf make a decision for my daughter without I agreed if he was the legal guardian?

Do I need a lawyer to establish the legal guradianship? What is supply basic needs mean?

Basic needs are food, clothing , and shelter. As the legal guardian, your bf could make a desion on behalf of your daughter. You do not need a lawyer to establish legal guardianship. You can acquire the necessary forms at the courthouse or download them from your state's court info website. After you fill out the forms and file them with the Probate Court Clerk, a court investigator will interview your bf and daughter and possibly you and your ex husband. The investigator will make a recommendation to the judge. The court will have a hearing and the judge will review the case and decide if the bf can be the legal guardian. The court will only approve the guardianship if it is the best interest of the child.

If you are happy with the information that I have provided, please accept this answer. Bonuses are appreciated!!!!