Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.
19260254

my son is 9 years old his dad and i split when he was 5 years

my son is 9 years old his dad and i split when he was 5 years old recently he came back from a day with his dad i asked him how his day was and he broke down tears i asked him what was wrong and he told me he has been having sexual thougts about boys more than just kissing and it is always older men some of which are his dads friends he says he cant get it out of his head i am confused he has lots of boy friends plays football it all came as a shock as he is only 9 he has spoke to me about this on a few occations but will tell me he is not gay he likes girls do you think he could be gay and it will just be a matter of time before he tells me his ?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

What he is sharing with you may relate to 1/ his need to have a father figure in his life (and he is transferring these to thinking he is having sexual interests w/ older male individuals) 2/ curiosity It does not mean that he is going to be gay or is gay.

An individual can display bisexuality. He is only 9 and making decisions about sexual acting out is a bit too early.