Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.
19260254

Hi, My daughter had 2 friend for sleep over, and second day

Customer Question

Hi, My daughter (11 1/2 years old) had 2 friends (11 years old) for sleep over, and second day morning when they wake up before me, one of the kid dicided she want to cook some eggs for breakfast after my daughter tell her she's not suppose to do that. But of course the girl did it anyway. How am I suppose to react? do i need to talk to other mom? Thank You!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

First, you may want to talk to the girl in question and then to her mom. As far as how to react, just remain composed, not angry but rather ask her what made her do that.

She could have either wanted to surprise the rest with her "breakfast" or she has a streak in her that makes her defy rules. Perhaps she had felt that if she does this in someone else's home, she won't get in trouble.

Kids are also prone to making mistakes. You may want to explain to her why it may have not been appropriate/safe to make the breakfast.