How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bonnie Your Own Question
Bonnie, Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 2189
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Bonnie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancee is sad because she cannot act or get involved in

Customer Question

My fiancee is sad because she cannot act or get involved in my son's school activities or anything like that because the mother of the child pretty much does not want her to. I domt want to lose my fiancee, is a much better mother than the actual biological mother will ever be but the mother is psychotic and therefore i do not want any problems from her, specially to take my kid away. What can i do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 6 years ago.
WOW, you are certainly in a dilemma! I do not think that you will ever get bio mother to agree to fiance involvement given her serious mental illness and obvious resentment that you are with another woman. But she will need to adjust to the fact that her son will have a step-mother sooner or later. I do not think any court would deny you visitation because of having a girlfriend so do not let her threaten you. For now, girlfriend can have a "low key" relationship with him when the 3 of you are together. Their relationship is more important than he involvement in school stuff. They can play games together, read together and have quality time. This is a common role for step mother when bio-mother is threatened. maybe she will be better when she gets a boyfriend and wants him to be involved.
Bonnie and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you