Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.

Is it normal for a father to have erection when playing ,

Is it normal for a father of 47 to have erection while playing with our 4yr old daughter,sometimes hugging or snuggling in bed. He is aware that I know have seen it happening on different occasions. I am the wife.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

What you are describing is not common if it takes place while playing with your child.(unless the erection is due to the bouncing effect over his lap) Erections are generally evident during stimulation of sexual nature (visual, physical)

Having an erection when not engaged in any sexual/intimate behavior with you, may be something caused by medication such as Viagra. He may also want to have his urologist see him for prostate exam.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>Hi thank you very much for the response. </p><p> </p><p>I can confirm that he is not on any medication viagra no? he sometimes struggle to get erections with me. However this erections sometimes happens when we finished having sex when my daughter comes in the room not long after(I also pointed that out). Where do I get more help with this? I had the conversation with him today and he got angry but he did not deny anything cause he knows I have withessed the many situations whereby he will be trying to hide it from me. I know he loves us and our family... He asked me if I am accusing him of being a paedofile and he is not talking. I feel relieved I expressed my concern and asked him if he had a problem why will he not try to avoid the situation but he kept quiet.</p>
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.
You may find help with a counselor (if he is willing to go) It may be difficult for him to agree. You are not accusing him of anything at this point. You're just observing something and letting him know. Even hypnotherapy may assist him in reprogramming his reaction as to where the erection does not happen when he's playing or interacting with her.