Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Dear Sir My daughter is 12 years old and has recently spoken

Dear Sir

My daughter is 12 years old and has recently spoken to me about her dream to become an actress. She has written about 20 letters that she want to send the letters to a company, she is really keen to start her career as actress.

The issue I have is every day she tells me Daddy please help me because I want to start my career as actress now.

She goes to bed thinking about it, she dreams about it and is constantly talking about the same thing every day.

She is currently signed up with Malachi Trust and is extremely talented and I believe as she has stated is time to start her career.

Please can you tell me the correct path to take to fast track in Actress!

Many thanks
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
First off there is no fast track. Secondly, starting a career at 12 is absolute nonsense. If you want to hep her out and encourage her passion then you take her to acting classes and have her participate in plays. she has plenty of time to become an actress. This part of her life should focus on schooling and not working.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sometimes you will see young people acting on tv, is there any way she could write to a company to do something like that! Even if it is part time or training!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
If you want her into acting then she is going to need an agent to get her lined up for interviews. BUt like I said, get her the training and classes now so that she can build her resume.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for that, I understand that she need to build her resume, but what must we do to get a agent? What is the procedure? That is what I want to know so that I can plan things out with her!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
Look under talent agent in your phone book. You might also want to do a google search for talent agents in your area. That would be the way I went about things.