Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

I would like to know if I need to take my 7 year old daughter

Customer Question

I would like to know if I need to take my 7 year old daughter for assessments. She is battling to fit in with her own age group at school, according to her teacher she is more advanced / mature than the kids in her grade. She tends to play with kids 2 to 3 years her senior. She is extreemly domineering which according to her teacher frightens the kids in her grade. She tends to lie a lot and is a very whining child. She is very affectionate and lovable sometimes to the point that I need to ask her to give me some space. I have just learnt that she has been speaking about Sex to her friends, at this age it concerns me. Her dad and I divorced when she was 2 years old. I have remarried and her dad is engaged to be married. He has another daughter with his finace who is now 2 years old. I am worried that our divorce is only affecting her now as she constantly asks me to go back to her dad so we can all live together. She is not a depressed child but I am worried it might turn to that as I am forever disciplining her.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Joan-Mod replied 6 years ago.
This is Joan and I am a Moderator:
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below: