Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

The other day my 11 year old daughter came home hysterical

The other day my 11 year old daughter came home hysterical crying. One of her best friends told her she was no longer her friend. When my daughter asked her why she wouldn't say..she just said I don't like you anymore. Since I am friendly with the mom I called her only cause my daughter was so hysterical and asked her if she could talk to her daughter and find out what the problem was and tell my daughter so that she could rectify whatever the situation was or move on. The mom said she would talk to her daughter...well the next day my daughter came home all upset again and said now 3 of her friends weren't talking to her. I again called the mom and again requested the girls talk cause now my daughter felt really ganged up on. The mom told me she wasn't going to get involved. I dont know if I should not have gotten involved myself but it just hurt me so much to see her hurt. Apparently none of these 3 children who used to be great friends are talking to her. I am not making anymore call
Category: Parenting
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
Since you can't fix the situation your only other option is to lend an ear and be empathetic towards her situation. Help her make new friends and help her to avoid getting wrapped up in what these few girls think about her. Teach her to ignore their comments. Have her invite some other friends over. That is what you can do to help.