Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

what can we do when our teenager continually calls cps and

Customer Question

what can we do when our teenager continually calls cps and the police and lies about being abused/
Submitted: 6 years ago via ExpertLaw.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
How do you know she is lying? What are her complaints?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not wanting to go to school and refusing to do homework. She doesnt have anything to say when they show. The agency's have said she is just spoiled and needs to be more appreciative.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
I think you ground her from all fun activities and cell phones and friends for a week if she does it. She doesn't have a say in going to school, it is not an option for her not to go. I think you might need to be strict with her and have her earn every privilege. She needs to bring all homework home and you need to review it before she is allowed to do anything. Complaining about going to school will result in losing privileges when she comes home for the day. You stick with this type of plan and you just might see a different attitude out of her.