Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

Help, just found my 14 year old sons phone and he and two other

Help, just found my 14 year old sons phone and he and two other kids are doing drugs. I have confronted him recently and he denies doing drugs. Now that I know for sure what do I do? Do I tell the other parents? I am too embarassed to ask my friends.

Amy
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
I would expose everybody for using drugs. Talk to the parents and tell them the information that you found. As for your son, you definitely need to keep him in your sight at all times. He can't be trusted. Do random drug tests. You can buy the kits or his doctor can do it. Let him know that if he is caught one more time then he is off to treatment. But definitely do the random drug tests and search his room when he is at school today.