Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

My daughters husband left her with two young children (ages

My daughter's husband left her with two young children (ages 5 and 2 years) in November last year. My daughter remains in the family home and the children go to stay with their father 2 nights per week and every other weekend at his flat close by. Is there any way my daughter can reduce this amount, say to one night per week (nothing official has been set up so far)? Also her husband plays in a group and his gigs are just starting up again on Saturdays for the season and is now planning to leave the children with his new partner on her own when the gigs fall on his weekend. The new partner has no experience with children. Is there anything my daughter can do to stop this happening, does she have any legal rights?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
I believe she would have some legal grounds to not let the children stay with his partner during his visits. But because nothing is set up legally, it is going to be up to the two of them to discuss visitation arrangements. If he will not cooperate then it will have to be taken to court to get settled.