Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Psychologist; Parent

We were just informed that my 5 year old granddaughter was

Customer Question

We were just informed that my 5 year old granddaughter was touched inappropriately by another student at school, the school will not give us any iformation as to what has or will be done about it and will not move the child out of the classroom, my concern is if nothing is done it will happen again with my child or some one elses, what if anything can be done, need some help i am going out of my mind with frustration with the school officials.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 6 years ago.

Definitely give CPS a chance to do their job, rest assured they are taking the appropriate steps to assure the safety of your granddaughter. However, you should also file a police report. I would try being a bit more assertive with the school. If they still refuse to change her classroom, you should consider switching schools. Speak to the principal and DEMAND your granddaughter be put in another classroom.

Just so you know, there are also many resources that will help children who have been sexually abused (whether by an adult or another child), where she can get some counseling for little or no cost. I would definitely recommend you look into this.