Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Family Counselor
Experience:  Parenting Workshops, Teacher, PHD Clinical Psychology, 30 yrs. Exp. 4 Children

My 13 year doesnt want to fly alone for her visitation this

My 13 year doesnt want to fly alone for her visitation this summer, I asked my ex could he fly down with her.

Only way he will do it if, I help him with a plane ticket. I explain I don't have the money to help him.
Hi, if he puts the focus on the fact that it's his daughter who is experiencing a fear and doesn't try to make you pay then he is doing the right thing, unless of course he doesn't have the funds either. It sounds as though he is trying to put the "blame" on you, do whatever you can, even if you have to find some money to help him, it doesn't have to be equal, just offer something. Remember this isn't about the two of you, it's about him. I know you understand that so you have to get that point across to him. If he wants to see her he has to compromise with you. Even if you only have 10 bucks to give him, offer it.
Please click accept and leave feedback.

Edited by Dr. Keane on 4/12/2010 at 6:02 PM EST