Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Collaborative parent consultation on everything from modifying behavior to child development.

my 4 yr old has a bad attitude. I have tried everything including

my 4 yr old has a bad attitude. I have tried everything including spankins and nothing is working. It is getting worse because he goes to his fathers every weekend and comes home 2x as bad. HELP ME I MIGHT PULL OUT MY HAIR!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using!

I'd recommend you look into a parenting / teaching philosophy called Love & Logic. I recommend it often to parents and use many of the strategies with my own toddler. Specifically, there is a book called Love & Logic: The Early Years -- worth checking your local library to see if they have it available to check out. The website gives a lot of examples of basic strategies for dealing with disrespectful behavior, tantrums, whining, and other common issues.

I wish you the best of luck!