Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

I am in desperate need of advice, I have asked a medical doctor

I am in desperate need of advice, I have asked a medical doctor this same question ans was not satisfied with his response. So, I am looking for a psycologist or a therapist who might be able to help. I am a single mother of a beautiful two year old boy. This past weekend I noticed something strange while changing his diaper, a pubic hair!!! How this got there I dont know. I was the last person to change his diaper previously and did not notice anything. He was alone with only three other people besides myself, my mom, her boyfriend and my brother. Now when I noticed the hair, I immediately checked him out completely!! nothing looked out ot the ordinary except that it looked like he might have had a slight rash. After a few hours of anxiety filled thinking I decided to take to a hospital to be checked out. The Dr. at the urgent care center found no signs of damage, however I am still worried that something might have happened. Please I need help!!!!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
A pubic hair does not mean he was molested or inappropriate touched. Your mind is going wild to the worse case scenario based off of one pubic hair. There can be numerous reasons as to how it got there. If the doctor says there is nothing wrong and you don't have proof to the contrary, then you need to calm down and relax. Obviously you know the boyfriend brother better than I so if you have concerns then keep an eye out. But by all means there is no need to jump to conclusions.