Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Family Counselor
Experience:  Parenting Workshops, Teacher, PHD Clinical Psychology, 30 yrs. Exp. 4 Children

my 4 year old son told me that when he gets out of the bath

Customer Question

my 4 year old son told me that when he gets out of the bath his grandmother rubs lotion on him and his penis. I'm not ok with this at all and should i go as far to make a report with the police?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

I would not make a police report until you speak to his grandmother. You may want to keep him away from her and especially not have her bathe him until you find out exactly what is going on. It may be a totally innocent act . If this is suspect in your mind, I'd find out more information and most importantly make sure the child is safe. Have a conversation with her and don't be accusatory with her, talk to her and see what she has to say before you do anything. Tell her so and so said you rub his penis with lotion is this true? and listen. You'll know by her reaction if it's done in an innocent way.
Please click accept and leave feedback.